The Smile of the Child is collecting basic necessities for Easter
CORFU. With Easter coming The Smile of the Child, on behalf of thousands of children and their families in Greece who are living at poverty level, is appealing to all individuals and organizations to support its collection of basic foodstuffs and other necessities.
The Smile of the Child would like to ask everyone to support this initiative, bearing in mind that the number of families who can’t even cover their basic needs is increasing dramatically.
The shelves at the Support Centres for Children and Families run by the organisation throughout Greece are short of many foodstuffs and basic necessities as a result of the difficult financial circumstances which many people and businesses find themselves in.
Nevertheless, thanks to similar campaigns and to people’s positive response, in 2018, despite tremendous difficulties, The Smile of the Child was able to support 14.356 children and their families living at poverty level throughout Greece and respond to 23,572 requests for material support (food, children's clothing, baby products, furniture).
The donations of food and basic necessities are being collected at the Support Centres for Children and Families throughout Greece.
Foodstuffs and Basic Necessities being collected.
- Packaged ‘tsoureki’, Easter cookies and chocolate Easter eggs
- Evaporated milk
- Tomato sauce
- Breakfast foods (cocoa, biscuits, croissants, cereals, rusks, honey, jam/marmalade, merenta, juices)
- Salt, Vinegar
- Mashed potatoes
- Baby creams
- Baby milk
- Items for baby care (nappies, wipes, shampoo, bath foam, nappy cream)
- Cleaning items (general cleaning and disinfectant products, fabric softener, laundry detergent, bleach etc.)
- Personal care items (shampoo, bath foam, toothpaste, toothbrushes)
- Kitchen items (tinfoil, cling film, rubbish bags)
- Paper (toilet paper, kitchen paper, paper napkins)
Collection point in Corfu:
Corfu Support Centre for Children and Families
Tel. – 26610 80368
E-mail – email@example.com
For further information: